Praise and Worship Leader Job Posting
First Baptist Church is an American Baptist church affiliate located in downtown Jackson, Michigan. We are a small congregation of about 50 attending members. We have called a new pastor to serve our church and are excited about his vision for us.
Our church is in transition and is looking at other ways to praise and worship God using more contemporary music and embracing today’s technology. We recently installed a state-of-the-art sound system in our sanctuary. We have installed an 82” flat screen smart T.V. in our fellowship hall to enhance our afternoon service.
We are searching for the right person to direct our current choir and to form and lead a praise and worship team for our Sunday morning and afternoon services.
The primary responsibility of the worship team leader will be to plan and perform the music for each service and lead this body of believers into heartfelt worship. This may include (but not limited to) prayers, words of encouragements, praise and exhortations during worship.
- Provide leadership, vision and passion for worship services
- Develop praise and worship team.
- Coordinate with worship service and audio/visual teams as to what is needed for Sunday services (music, lyrics, videos).
- Lead weekly rehearsals to prepare and learn new material for Sunday services.
- Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of normal services as needs arise
- Direct the choir.
- Knowledgeable in choral/vocal/instrumentals.
- Lead choir and praise team using vocal/piano/keyboard/guitar. Organ skill a plus.
- Knowledge of presentation software, such as PowerPoint, and skill at finding and securing music and video that will enhance worship. Knowledge of copyright law necessary.
- 1 (one) year experience leading or performing with worship team preferred but not required.
- Comfortable working in a church setting.
- Leadership, interpersonal and time management skills necessary as this is a leadership position.
- Ability to work with all people from children to senior citizens.
This position is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week, up to $20.00 per hour based on experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Worship Posting
First Baptist Church
201 S. Jackson St.
Jackson, MI 49201
Or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org